Sunday 15 January 2017

The Room's Movie Poster

As you can see I used a design similar to my first drawing but there are a lot of changes too. This is because a few different factors influenced how I was making this poster. The first was that I was unable to find a microphone that matched my drawing and the only ones available to me were a camera microphone and a few different handheld because of this I couldn't make a poster about the narrator without compromising the look of the poster by using a cheap quality microphone. The other reason I was unable to stick with my narrator poster (drawing one) was because I was unable to generate the effect where I removed the facial features of the actor, Simon Hunter without it looking horrible as I'm not a professional with Adobe Photoshop. These reasons meant I had to use one of my actors as the subject of the poster and I decided to use an image of David Jones as he's the first character shown on screen in my short film. As you can see at this point I made the creative decision to blend the first and seconds ideas I had on my ancillary poster ideas list. This was because I felt having just his face normally wasn't appealing enough to draw attention to the poster and it also didn't represent the film properly. By including the zip over his lips it meant I could give the audience and idea of what my short film is about when matched with the tagline. I used a red front with a white outline as it matched his shirts design and I think the pairing works quite well when compared to the plain background as it makes it stand out more making it easier for passers-by to read what it says.


Upon reflection I am pleased with my final poster. This is because although I had changed the design during the creation of the poster I closely stuck to my plans I'd already drawn up, making it much easier to produce. I feel as if even though it is a basic design it stands out and draws people in because of its simplicity. This was the effect I wanted to create because my short film isn't overly complicated and has a basic plot so I thought the poster should represent that by also being simple. I was sure to include all the features I identified in my "Conventions Of A Movie Poster" post as the research I undertook beforehand meant I had a good knowledge of what was important to show on the poster in order to market the film properly. I'm happy I decided to include the tagline that matches the image of David having a zip across his mouth too as it means nothing was a waste of time when I created this poster as it's all connected and important to the short film itself. I got the inspiration to have some of the secrets written around David from my partner Joshua's poster. I am thankful for this as it meant I didn't have too much blank space but also as it meant I'm able to give the audience some more insight into what the film is about. Overall, I am extremely happy I managed to create a poster that suited my target audiences needs of having a character on the poster and I believe I did this in a professional way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment